Monday 16 January 2012

My week of hobby 08/01/12-14/01/12

Blimey, what a crazy week it's been. Here's my hazy recollection of it!

Just like last week Monday kicked the week off with #miniaturemonday on twitter.

I decided since I didn't have anything new to show so I tried an artistic angle setting up a bit of a scene and doing some processing on my phone. To begin with I made the images greyscale. Then I added the colour back onto the marines (MkIII Iron Armour variants from Forge World in case you were wondering. I did this using the Color Effects app on my iPhone then I ran the image through Instagram and applied a few filters.

I'm looking forward to trying some more photo processing on future ideas.

Tuesday was a very exciting day once I'd gotten out of work. I bought myself a land raider (finally) and proceeded to put it together.

The kit didn't come with as many extras as I thought it would be so I'll probably have to get hold of some extra bits to pimp it out, but other than that it's a wicked tank and I get wait to see it in action.

I can't believe it's taken me so long to get hold of one!

Also on Tuesday Catechism of Hate arrived in the post. Needless to say I tore the box open.

It's the first limited edition Black Library book I've purchased and was very happy. The quality of the book is great and the poster, while small, looks great on my geek wall! I've only read the first couple of chapters but it definitely seems like the story matches up to the quality.

As usual there has been more progress on Dreadfleet and I got the Dwarf and Tomb Kings ships ready for painting along with some of the islands and extra bits.

I can't remember if I've mentioned it before but the way they've organised the sprues so the mould lines are kept to a minimum is amazing. It really makes cleaning the parts up a right treat.

Now for the Dwarf update! With my first Fantasy Battle looming large this weekend I'm going into (almost) overdrive to get my army finished.

These 3 thunderers mean that I've only got 4 left to finish that unit then it's onto the berserkers.

With two days off this week I'm planning on getting the whole 1000 points finished but knowing me I'll get sidetracked by something and end up with them being carried over till next week.

The final event of the week was the 'leak' of 6th edition. I haven't read through the whole pdf but the parts that I did skim read look great.

I find it very hard to believe that someone or a group of people went through all this effort just to troll the interwebz and get the fanboi's in a spin. Maybe it is the real deal, maybe it isn't.

My money is on a early playtest version of the rules. Time will tell!

That's all for this week ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for your time and I'll see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment