Thursday 22 September 2011

Recent Forge World releases

So a couple of these are not so new but two of them are hot off the press and very exciting. Starting with oldest first...

This conversion pack for creating boarding marines looks really good.

I haven't seen the rules in the Imperial Armour book and I'm not sure how useful they'd be in a regular army.

Because of this they're quite low down on the Forge World wish list.



Now for the Land Raider Proteus. This looks totally awesome and very old school.

80 quid is just a tad bit on the expensive side being about double what a GW raider costs. Also I'd be concerned about the size of it, mostly whether it would be the same size as the old ones from the beginning of time.

Again, low on the wish list, but due to price this time.

This beauty has only just been previewed and has got me checking my wallet ready for this weekend in Birmingham. The original Contemptor looked sweet but I always thought it looked too plain. Somehow the guys at FW heard my thoughts, pimped it and come back with the Relic version.

This is quite high on the wish list but that depends if I can get to the stand in good time!




And saving the best for last, I am totally in love with this conversion kit!
I'd just recently forked out 25 quid on a brand new in box mark 1b rhino and thought that was cool, this trumps that by miles.
The Mk1c Demios Pattern Rhino is only £33 and is going to be available at games day but up for general release.
This along with some new weapons for my venerable dread are right at the top of my list.

So that's it for now. The Warhammer Forge book is also coming out but no news on IA11 yet with the amazing new Eldar and Space Wolves models yet, hopefully more information over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment